My terrace garden plants are dying due to some insect attack. I do not want to put pesticides and eat some poison along with them. So I was researching on how to make one homemade insecticide. But the challenge is to get the same ingredient in India. I am now struck up on how to get liquid Castille Soap. Will do some more research and update you the developments. Meanwhile to keep you interested i am reposting the ingredients Rebeka had prescibed in her blog.
Home made insecticide
3 C Warm Water
6-8 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
1 TBS Cayenne Pepper (Kashmiri Chilli ?!?)
1/2 Medium Onion, quartered
1/2 tsp Liquid Castille Soap, fragrance free
Its turns out that Garlic and Pepper are negative (pranic) food according to Meditators. Hmnnn … Insects know it.
- 4 TBS+ Baking Soda (depending on how thick you like your toothpaste)
- 2 TBS Vegetable Glycerin
- 1½ tsp Stevia Extract
- ½ tsp Hydrogen Peroxide (3.5% or less)
- ¼ tsp Peppermint Oil
- 5 drops Tea Tree Oil
Easy Laundry Soap
- What you’ll need to make your very own Easy Laundry Soap (this makes approx. 48 loads):
- 1 Bar (14 oz) Fels-Naptha, Zote Soap or Ivory Soap
- 2 C Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (make sure it says “Super Washing Soda”)
- 2 C Borax
I will try to get source of buying all the ingredients and update this post soon.