Replace Magento logo with your Brand Name
- If you followed my other post for installation in a shared hosting environment, then you would want to do the following things.
- Replace the Magento Logo with your store Brand. For this upload the logo to the following directory
- then in your
configurationand then with your
current configuration scopeas
Designfrom the left panel
- make sure that your package name is
rwdin the right side pane. if not replace
package namein the above path.
- now scroll down to the
Headersection in the right pane and enter the name of the image you uploaded without changing the
images/prefix so it looks like
Add products to your Magento webpage
- From you admin panel
- Then click on your existing
homepageto edit the page.
- Then click on the
- In the HTML editor toolbar, look for the
insert widgeticon and click it.
- In the appearing panel window select
catalog new products listfor
- For display type, If you select
new products, After populating the rest of the fields in the widget window, simply click the
insert widgetbutton to add the widget to your page.
- If you want to get rid of the ugly bullets from the product, go to the
custom designpane and paste the following code
- now upload the custom.css to the following magento installation sub directory.
Change the button text to your Locale
- We, Indians speak English that is most similar to British and not U.S. So I selected British (English) as my Locale at the time of Magento Installation. So the button names like Add to Cart, Proceed to Checkout etc. is good enough for most of the installation. However my client wanted to use Magento for sending Quotation instead of doing E-Commerce. So I had to change many of the buttons and hyperlinks. Lets see how to do this.
- There are three different ways to change the Locale we will use the csv technique for making the changes.
- Upload a CSV file like this one under the directory
- If no directory exists inside your
theme/defaultthen you can create it.
Change the new order email template
- If you have made magento to bypass cron and send mail immediately after placing the order, then next step you want to take is change the emails text.
- For this you need to edit the file located under folder